Copyright Statement and Permission to Reuse
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Permissions and reuse by original content authors
Original content authors may use their own content for the following non-commercial purposes without asking permission from BJS Academy:
- Posting the content on their personal website or institutional (non-commercial) website or institutional academic or scholarly repository.
- Making a reasonable number (no more than 100) print copies for personal, non-commercial professional use. This includes for the authors own teaching purposes.
- Send a single individual copy of the content to colleagues within the authors institution and/or department or co-collaborators on a project for their personal non-commercial use (without a fee being charged).
- Republishing part or all of the content in a book or other non-peer reviewed publication which is authored or edited by the author (except for multiple contributions in the same book or publication, for which permission needs to be sought).
- Using the content in a course pack or compilation (whether paper or electronic) in the authors’ institution.
Permissions and reuse by third parties
Anyone else (other than the content author) who wants to use or reproduce content from BJS Academy needs to ask our permission. Permission should be sought by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless otherwise stated, all content published by the BJS Academy are published by default as open access and reuse is permitted in accordance with the terms of the relevant applicable open access licence.
By default, we publish our Open Access articles under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial (CC BY-NC 4.0). Further details can be found at: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/
CC BY-NC articles allow the author, and any non-commercial bodies, to reuse the material for non-commercial uses in any other way they choose, subject to being in accordance with the CC-BY-NC licence, without acquiring permission from the BJS Academy. Any reuse must give attribution to the author(s) and the BJS Academy. Commercial users or commercial use will require permission from the BJS Academy for any reuse. For further details please contact us at email@example.com.