Content Manager, BJS Academy
24 October 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
The BJS Academy is the educational arm of the BJS Society, a charitable body with a mission to advance and improve education in surgery. The Academy is a leading online educational resource and is dedicated to providing high-quality and informative content to current and future surgeons worldwide by championing research and collaboration. As the Academy grows an exciting opportunity has become available for a talented Content Manager to join our team and contribute to the growth and success of our website.
As Content Manager, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Academy team in developing, editing and optimising educational content that resonates with our audience. You will work closely with our content team to support authors in creating engaging, well-researched and informative articles, blog posts, videos and other educational materials. The Content Manager will report directly to Carol Nicol, Head of Partnerships and Communications.
- Content creation: work with the content team to support authors in creating high-quality educational content on a wide range of topics, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Curriculum development: support subject matter experts to develop educational courses and curriculum materials that align with learning objectives.
- Content optimisation: support the team to optimise content for search engines (SEO) and keyword research to enhance visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Visual content: work with designers and multimedia professionals to create engaging visual content, including infographics, videos and interactive materials.
- Audience engagement: monitor and respond to authors and user’s questions and feedback to foster engagement and provide valuable information.
- Content planning: contribute to content planning and strategy, identifying emerging trends and topics in education.
- Quality control: ensure all content aligns with our brand guidelines, style and tone.
The role of Content Manager would suit a candidate who has the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, English, Journalism or a related field (Master’s degree is a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Systems orientated including experience of website content maintenance.
- A passion for education and a commitment to promoting lifelong learning.
- A background in publishing would be useful.
- A competitive salary.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth within the company.
- Collaborative and creative team culture.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Content Manager Application – [Your Name]’ in the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, briefly explain why you are passionate about educational content and how your skills align with this position.
BJS Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 28 November 2023 at 12:00hrs GMT
Part of the charitable activity of the Society, BJS Academy is an online educational resource for current and future surgeons.
The Academy is comprised of five distinct sections: Continuing surgical education, Young BJS, Cutting edge, Scientific surgery and Surgical news. Although the majority of this is open access, additional content is available to BJS subscribers and strategic partners.